SBC RULES AND REQUIREMENTS
Each season when you register to participate in winter basketball and/or tournaments, we ask each player and family to read, review and acknowledge that you have completed these items in order to be eligible to play or coach.
Sycamore Bascetball Club Policies and Rules
1. Code of Conduct - The SBC Board is committed to providing a safe, positive and safe environment for all of our student-athletes and competitors. How our coaches, players, and parents conduct themselves during the season is important to us. Player Policy Parent Policy
2. Zero Tolerance Policy - SBC's policy regarding ejections, suspensions and conduct incidents for parents and players.
3. Liability Waiver - SBC's document
State of Ohio Health Department Requirements and Documentation for All Student-Athletes
1. Concussion Information - Parent Information
2. Lindsay's Law - This is a new law that raises awareness of Sudden Cardiac Arrest - the number one killer of student-athletes who appeared to be healthy.
Our 3-12-grade Recreational and Select teams are entered to play in league games as part of the Cincinnati Premier Youth Basketball League. Just like SBC, the league has a Liability Waiver and an obligation to be sure that we've communicated both Lindsay's Law as well as Concussion protocols.
1. CPYBL Liability Waiver - Each season you are required to complete the liability form. This is a mandatory requirement and must be completed prior to your child's first game.
The following rules apply to all 7th-12th-grade teams:
- All coaches (head and assistant) must be age 30 or older and at least one coach MUST be on the bench for every game.
- Only registered players and coaches may sit on the bench during a game.
- 7th and 8th graders play in separate divisions.
- 9th and 10th graders play in the JV Division.
- 11th and 12th graders play in the Varsity Division.
- All players on a team must live in the Sycamore School District.
- All players must complete a CPYBL waiver on the CPYBL website.
- Players that play on a junior high or high school team CANNOT play on a Rec team and compete in the CPYBL even after the Jr. High or High School season is over.
- Use the following link to see CPYBL Documents page which contains League Rules: http://www.cpybl.org/content/cpybl-league-and-game-rules