7-12 GRADE RECREATIONAL TEAM PROGRAM
As your child has now entered 7th-grade or beyond, the options for playing basketball change. The Junior High School holds tryouts for both 7th & 8th-grade boys who would like to play competitively against area schools. If your child does not want to play for the school team or doesn't make the team, SBC provides "team" options that will give them an opportunity to continue to play competitive basketball. We will provide the Administration required to help the team register and schedule games with CPYBL.
SBC is supporting individual player registration for 7-12 grade.
For grades 7-8, the registration will open in mid to late October and close within a few days after the school tryouts end. We will then help to form the teams ahead of the CPYBL league deadline.
For Grades 9-12, we do not form the teams - you will continue to do this on your own, along with naming a Coach - but we will capture the cost and parent waivers individually to help streamline the administration. Registration opens in mid to late October. You will register individually, as you have previously with SBC and note your team name and coach in the registration form. Lastly, your team will need to purchase a uniform and create a Team Name that meets league rules. We recommend creating teams of 8-10 kids.
- The Head Coach is required to attend a meeting, complete a coach's application and sit on the bench during all games.
- You will register individually ($125/kid) and complete and sign the necessary forms and waivers. For 9-12, you will identify your Coach/Team Name during the registration process. For 7-8, please indicate if you are willing to coach
- SBC does NOT provide uniforms for our 9-12th-grade teams. Each team must select and purchase their own uniforms. We hope to provide 7-8th grade uniforms if enough available, but this will depend upon total number of teams/players.
- Teams will be registered to play a 10 game schedule with CPYBL similar to your 4th-6th-grade experience, plus a post-season tournament.
- SBC does NOT guarantee practice time in a Sycamore gym for 7th-12th-grade teams. Practice time for our 7-12 grade teams will be on your time.
- Games will begin the first weekend in December. There is a 2-week holiday break (approx. Dec. 19th - Jan. 5th) where there will be no games
- Each team will need volunteers to run the clock at home games, keep the scorebook and assist with gym monitoring.
The following rules apply to all 7th-12th-grade teams:
- All coaches (head and assistant) must be age 30 or older and at least one coach MUST be on the bench for every game.
- Only registered players and coaches may sit on the bench during a game.
- 7th and 8th graders play in separate divisions.
- 9th and 10th graders play in the JV Division.
- 11th and 12th graders play in the Varsity Division.
- All players on a team must live in the Sycamore School District.
- All players must complete a CPYBL waiver on the CPYBL website.
- Players that play on a junior high or high school team CANNOT play on a Rec team and compete in the CPYBL even after the Jr. High or High School season is over.
- Use the following link to see CPYBL Documents page which contains League Rules: http://www.cpybl.org/content/cpybl-league-and-game-rules